Monday, July 26, 2010

What's up with the missing keys??

Ok, so about 2 to 3 weeks ago I lost my set of keys. A cute keychain from OC, MD that said "Don't bother me, I'm crabby" (those of you who know me, please keep your comments to yourself). It had my house keys, Mom's house keys, the car keys, basement key, shed key on it , and my library pass. I have looked everywhere for these keys. All over the house, in the car, in the truck, in the shed, in the basement/garage, at Mom's house, at the dr's office, etc, etc... I have went over the key rack by the door at least 5 times. NO KEYS! It's just annoying. I am really starting to question my mental faculties.

This morning I am getting ready to meet some friends for a dr appointment, and I am in the back bathroom fixing my hair. I hear this really loud crash and come running out to see what is going on. Nothing is amiss or out of place. So I go back and finish what I am doing. I am ready to walk out the door and I am reaching for the good set of car keys so I can go. When what catches my eye...three of my keys are hanging on the key rack. Nothing else is back, just these three keys. The car keys are on thier little ring, and the garage/basement key is on it's little ring, both of which had been attached to my key ring. Nothing else, No cute key fob, no other house key, no shed key, no library pass, nothing else but these three keys. Hanging right out in front on the third hook over from the left.

I am thinking how weird this is. So I call Chris, he is non-plussed, but listens and then tells me to check under the washer and dryer. Nothing there but a neatly folded $5 bill. Also a little weird. So I call Mom and leave a message on her answering machine. I talked to her later today and she finds this also really weird. Now, I lost all these connected together in one grouping of keys. Logic says that I should find them all connected together in one grouping of keys. So, any ideas?? I am accepting that this is the next in a long line of unusual things that have happened to me over my lifetime. I have come to accept these things and they don't scare me anymore, but more like leave me really curious as to what/how these things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment