Monday, August 16, 2010

Trip to TALA...

OK, so Mom and I are out at the yardsales and everything is pretty slow in Weston - no pun intended... So we go out and check out TALA - Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum. I didn't know it, but they have a few rooms that you can tour for free! Mom definately does NOT want to take a tour there, so we did the free rooms and I will go back later with Chris for the grand tour - paranormal, of course!

The first time I saw TALA, I could feel it was a forboding place. Chris and I were really just driving by and didn't really stop. The next time I saw TALA, I was with my Mom and we were at the sales in Weston in Summer '09. We stopped and got out and I took some pictures outside. I didn't dare go in because when we drove past the water fountain in front the sensation in my head was like being in a room full of 500 people and all of them talking to you at the same time. I could feel the confusion and chaos that certainly reigned there and didn't want to go inside. I thought I wouldn't be able to stand it.

This time, Mom and I went over. Once again, at about the water fountain, I could feel all these people talking to me. We parked, got out and started inside. As I was walking up the steps, it felt like something was trying to stop me from going in. It was like walking into an incredible headwind. It felt like I had hundreds of pounds of weights tied to my legs and arms. And I felt like I dreaded going in there.

After we went into the room beside the Superintendant's Office, I felt like someone had come up behind me and put their hands on my shoulders and then just went limp, like I was dragging someone behind me. This continued throughout the rest of our visit. At one point I had a cramp in my right shoulder where it felt like their fingers were pressing into my shoulder. We looked around and then went to leave and going down the steps it felt like someone was pushing me out of there. I still felt like I was dragging someone - a female in a white nightgown. It was after we were a good ways down the road that that feeling left. Ironically, there was a sign on the door of the one room that said "This area is off limits to ghost hunters"...Now how exactly do you stop that sort of thing if one is merely sensitive.

After we left TALA, Mom and I were talking about how it made us feel to be there. She felt overwhelming sadness, depression and anger. She asked me one strange question - "Why did you skip steps when you walked up the steps into the building?" But I hadn't. She said she watched my feet as I walked up the steps and she saw me skip every other step. But I had NOT skipped any steps I placed my feet on every single step. It was too hard walking up them to skip even one.

That afternoon when I got home, it felt as if the woman had followed me. I felt her around me all of that night and the next day. It seems now that she feels that she has been "sensed" and that my place is not familar to her so she is back at TALA where unfortunately she feels she belongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment