Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Have you ever sat on a cat??

Today, I am going back to my humorous side...I still get a kick out of this! It's another one of those "truth is stranger than fiction" stories...

It was the fall of '88. I was living in a travel trailer in Apache Junction, AZ. It was the middle of the night but still very warm. I had a beautiful, grey long hair cat with little white paws. His name was "Socks". He was the best cat ever. He liked to share fudgesicles with me.

One night, I woke from a deep sleep needing to go pee, really bad. So I got up and proceeded to sleep-walk my way to the tiny little bathroom. We had a port-a-pot type toilet that stayed dry inside until you stepped on a little lever to let water flow into it and flush it. Now I was still about half asleep when I got in there and just plopped down on the pot. Just as my butt hit the seat, I felt something furry brush across my butt cheeks. I let out a scream and jumped out of my skin! I was WIDE awake now!! I flipped on the light and looked down to see my cat slowly stretching his way out of the pot! It was so warm that he had decided that it was cooler to sleep in the toilet...needless to say, I kept the lid down from then on!

And I swear to you that this is a true story! And that things like this happen to me all the time. It sure makes for an interesting life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment