Monday, May 17, 2010

This weekend...

Well, what a weekend...Mom and I went to the Strawberry Festival parade. We embarrassed some relatives and were embarrassed by some relatives, you can't pick your family! And let me just comment on the length of the parade. They should have known it was going on for too long when the ambulance that was in the parade had to start carrying people off the streets because they were collapsing from exhaustion. It started late and then there were at least 10 minutes between every other entry...

At least the sun was shining...Mom and I have been blessed twice this year at events that usually are cursed with rain. First the Irish Spring Festival and now the Strawberry Festival. I am just too afraid to hope that we may get to see the Mannington Fair without a solid week of rain! We had a nice trip down, but the sun was draining. We gave up on the parade after 3+ hours.

To top it off, in all that time, there were only about 4 things that had anything to do with strawberries! There were sure alot of mexicans, Peruvians, and Bolivians dancing in the streets, and groups and bands from all over the US, but not much local stuff at all. And I thought it was the strawberry parade!!

So next year, we will have to find something else to do! I was just glad to be with my Mommy! I am hoping to get some pics posted on here soon, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment