Thursday, May 13, 2010

So this is 40...

OK, so this is what 40 feels like. I can live with this. Now there are days when my joints tell me I'm 90, but I don't listen well. So that never matters.

Anyway, I went out a couple of days ago to pick up a load of mulch for the garden beds, and I stopped to look at a keyboard, stand and seat Yolanda had for sale. It was exactly what I wanted so I bought it, and it was a great price too. I went on to Freed's to get the mulch. It was a beautiful day, and I love to drive when there isn't anyone else on the road, so it was perfect. I got the mulch, but there was a different guy there, so he didn't clean up the overflow for me or anything. The one man that loads the mulch there will level it off for you, get it off the roof of your truck and tailgate, and even shovel any that falls off back into your truck.

I drove home and got the mail and went to go inside, and realized that I had only brought the truck key. I had locked myself out. I do this alot, so I had a spare in my wallet and I thought this would be no problem... Well, we had given the one in my wallet to his parents, and not put it back, so I was really locked out. Noone else was home. So I walked down to my neighbors. He just happened to be home because of a dentist appt and he let me use thier phone. Thank the Lord, Chris was working here in town today, so I only had to wait a little while for him to get home and let me in.

That evening, he was questioning me as to why I had left without the house keys. I don't know, sometimes these things just happen. He said I wasn't like this when we first met. Well, that was 8 years ago, so I told him I had aged... Well, I guess he understood. When he gave me my birthday card this morning, it was one of Maxine's quotes...she's hilarious. I love Maxine! It said: "40 is when you start asking yourself life's big questions...Like 'Why did I come into this room? I knew a minute ago...'"

So Happy Birthday to me! And now starts the best years of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment