Friday, April 23, 2010

A little about me

You may be wondering about a couple of things, so I will try to answer at least two of the basics early on.
1. How did I come up with my name? Well, of course, my first name is Heidi, but the hobbie part comes from the fact that I really love vintage things - Hollie Hobbie, and the fact that I love to make crafts. If you can think of a type of craft, I have probably tried it. I love to sew, crochet, paint, cross-stitch, quilt, do embroidery, work with felt, and create ideas in my head for all kinds of crafts. I dabble in writing, photography, drawing, cooking, baking and gardening. I have special interests in food for patients with celiac sprue and chronic kidney disease. In other words, I have so many hobbies that the name just seemed right. I also started selling items on Etsy (heidihobbie@etsy.com) and needed a name, so "heidihobbie" it is. The lower case letters just mean that I don't want special attention and I like things low-key.

2. Do I make up this stuff I write about? Absolutely not. It has been my experience that truth really is stranger than fiction, and I have had a LOT of experience. All the aspects of my life have made me the person I am today and given me the confidence to be satisfied with myself and what I have and how I live. And a great sense of humor always helps in any situation. My favorite mantra is: "If you can laugh at it, you can live with it" and that goes for people too not just situations. Humor can diffuse the most tense situations, at least the ones I have been in, and it can really relieve stress. So go ahead and have a big ol' belly laugh at least once a day! Can't hurt and it just might help....

No comments:

Post a Comment