Monday, April 26, 2010

Meeting your true love

Well, today, I will tell you how I met my fiance' Chris, my most precious treasure! It was Jan. 2002, and I was recovering from a rather nasty relationship, but still had a lot of hope that my prince was out there. I was working for a food place in the mall and going to school to be a medical assistant. My manager and I were really good friends, and she put a starter profile of me on a dating website. She waited till I came to work and told me about it and then asked me to come over and complete the profile. I wasn't too keen on it to begin with, but I figured what the heck. I had nothing to fear on the internet, I had already met all the freaks and weird-o's in person. So that Fri, she and I went out to dinner and then went back to her house and got on-line and started answering questions. She knows me pretty well, so I didn't have too much to do. I didn't have a picture either, so that step was eliminated too. After we finished the profile, she told me to go ahead and go on the search part of the site and see what was out there. Still not too keen on it, she finally talked me into it. She had met her boyfriend on the same site, so she was convincing.

The first photo I saw was Chris and I said "Hey, he's cute!" She told me to say "hi" to him. I wasn't sure I wanted to because I was raised that men make the first move. But I went ahead and said "hi" and sure enough, he was on-line. We instant-messaged for about 90 minutes that evening and at the end he gave me his phone number and told me I could call him if I wanted. Two nights later I did. We talked for 2 hours. And 2 hours the next night and the next night....

So he asked me if I wanted to meet. He said if I did that I should set up the place and the time and he would meet me there so I would be comfortable. So I said OK, and we decided on dinner and a movie. We would meet at Ryan's on Monday after work for dinner and then go to the mall for a movie after. This was my territory, so I felt safe.

Monday night came, and I went to meet Chris. As I was driving down the road to Ryan's I realized that they are not open on Monday's. I had a nervous laugh thinking he might think I was blowing him off by picking a place that isn't open on Mondays. But I pulled in the lot and saw his car and pulled up and the rest as they say is history. We had dinner at Applebee's and went to see "The Mothman Prophecies" and then sat and talked for about 2 hours in the parking lot. We have been inseparable ever since. It was 8 years this past Jan, and we are getting married this Sept at the beach! Every day with him has been a blessing, and I am looking forward to the rest of my life with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment